Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Strategies for Analyzing

1. Make Your Sources Speak

When I have a topic that I have to write about, I usually forget about and/or lose my own thoughts and ideas after reading someone else's opinion. I then start to agree or disagree with him or her and that's how I end up forming my papers. I am going to try to work on this issue and only use other people's opinions to build on my own ideas.

2. Use Your Sources To Ask Questions, Not Just To Provide Answers

This goes back to what I was saying about the first strategy. I usually just agree/disagree. I don't usually form quesions which is something that I may need to work on.

3. Put Your Sources Into Conversation With One Another

I need to stop limiting my self to agreeing or disagreeing with your sources. I need to work on aiming for conversation with and among my sources.

4. Find Your Own Role In The Conversation

There have been times where I have uses my own personal experiences in my paper to better state my point.

5. Supply Ongoing Analysis of Souces

I think this will definitely help me control my writing better. InsItead of just using my sources, I will need this to help me use my sources and my own ideas and make them work together collectively.

6. Attend Carefully To The Language of Your Sources By Quoting or Paraphrasing Them

I think I usually do a good job at quoting exact language that the sorce uses. The problem I think I face with this is that sometimes I quote one behind the other which makes me lose control of my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment